- The goals of this program announcement are to encourage investigations of cognitive, behavioral, and social processes as they relate to: 1) the development of novel drug abuse prevention approaches; 2) the efficacy and effectiveness of newly developed and/or modified prevention programs; 3) the processes associated with the selection, adoption, adaptation, implementation, sustainability, and financing of empirically validated interventions; and 4) methodologies appropriate for studying complex aspects of prevention science.
- The total amount to be awarded depends on the scientific merit of applications and the funds available in NIDA's general funding pool.
- The types of mechanisms supported under this PA are the R01, R03, and R21.
- Eligible organizations include for-profit, not-for-profit, public and private organizations, units of state and local governments, eligible agencies of the federal Government, domestic or foreign institutions/organizations, faith- and community-based organizations, and Native American tribal organizations.
- Eligible principal investigators include any individual with the skills, knowledge and resources necessary to carry out the proposed research.
- Applicants may submit more than one application, provided they are scientifically distinct
- See Section IV.1 for application materials.
- Telecommunications for the hearing impaired is available at: TTY 301-451-0088
Who can apply:
City Or Township Governments
Federally Recognized Indian Tribal Governments
Independent School Districts
Native American Organization
Non-Government - General
Nonprofits Having A 501(C)(3) Status With The IRS, Other Than Institutions Of Higher Education
Nonprofits That Do Not Have A 501(C)(3) Status With The IRS, Other Than Institutions Of Higher Education
Other Private Institution/Organization
Private Institutions Of Higher Education
Private Nonprofit Institution/Organization (Includes Institutions Of Higher Education, Hospitals)
Public And State Controlled Institutions Of Higher Education
Public Housing Authorities/Indian Housing Authorities
Quasi-Public Nonprofit Institution/Organization
Small Business (Less Than 500 Employees
Special District Governments
State (Includes District Of Columbia; Includes Institutions Of Higher Education And Hospitals)
U.S. Territories And Possessions (Includes Institutions Of Higher Education, Hospitals)
Eligible functional categories:
Drug Abuse Research Programs
If you have problems accessing the full announcement, please contact:
NIH OER Webmaster